Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Mind Full of Thoughts

Well, it has now been almost a month since I blogged. (Sorry to all 2 or 3 of my adoring fans out there) To be honest, it isn't because I haven't had anything to blog about...trust me, there is a LOT going on in my life...it is simply because I have TOO MUCH to say and I don't know where to begin.

Do I blog about (1) my new apartment (2) the amazing new neighborhood I now call home, Capitol Hill (3) changes at work (4) my trip home to Tennessee (5) spending my first holiday away from family (6) etc. etc. etc.?

So, I've decided to share just a few things today, and hopefully I can expand on them a little later.

(1) I am still obsessed with my apartment. I sincerely feel like a DC version of Carrie Bradshaw when I come home to my tiny studio apartment every afternoon. (Minus the whole famous artist/fashionista/promiscuity part - and my apartment might not be as cute, although its perfect for me). Although I still have some work to do (some that won't happen until my daddy is able to come back to help me)...I promise pictures are coming.
(2) I still love living on Capitol Hill. I literally walk a block to work every day. It is so convenient. Also, some of my closest friends in DC live on Capitol Hill, which is very nice. Not to mention walking past Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-KY) house everyday or passing and sharing a "Goodmorning" with up and coming Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) on the way to work at least twice a week. Capitol Hill is such a powerful place, and although I'm not so powerful, there is something about the atmosphere of living here that is definitely addicting.

(3) Yes, some things have changed at work. Our Constituent Services Manager, Whitney, took a new position in the office, leaving both jobs for me until we hire someone else. A month and a half in nonetheless. To be honest, it hasn't been too overwhelming...if you know me at all, you know that I thrive on challenges. So, I'm loving it! Although, it will be nice to have someone new in the office soon!

(4) I made my first trip home to Tennessee. It was wonderful (despite the horrid travel day on the way back, which led to my Kindle purchase). It was so great to see my family and the few friends I had time to see. It was such a humbling trip. However, going back to campus for the first time since being out in the "real world" did bring some major realizations...but, that story is for another day and time.

(5) This weekend I am spending my first holiday away from my family in 22 years. Needless to say, it sucks...big time. It doesn't help that my momma just had a knee replacement and that I couldn't be there for her. But, even with how bad this weekend sucks and how bad it sucks not to have been there for momma, I still know I made the right decision in coming to DC and that I am exactly where I need to be right now in my life.

I could go on and on, but for now, I'm going to go be try to productive on this rainy, cloudy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment