Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring in DC

One of the things I was looking forward to when I moved to DC was the National Cherry Blossom Festival and it has now arrived! DC is in full bloom and it is absolutely beautiful.

For a brief history...

The National Cherry Blossom Festival commemorates the 1912 gift of 3,000 cherry trees from Mayor Yukio Ozaki of Tokyo to the city of Washington, D.C. The gift and annual celebration honor the lasting friendship between the United States and Japan and the continued close relationship between the two countries.

I will hopefully post more pictures soon, but I wanted to share one with you that I took, and I've also posted some others that I found online.

The festival runs March 23 - April 10, so there is still time to plan a last minute visit! :)

Everyone have a fabulous week! (And I promise apartment photos are coming soon)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment