Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Few Questions Answered

Surprisingly, I had several people mention reading and enjoying my blog when I was in Tennessee the past two weekends. A few people asked some questions or made suggestions regarding what I should blog about, so since I'm a little under the weather today (dang weather changing) I'll try to answer a few.

1. You never blogged about attending President Obama's Address to Congress. How was it? And, more importantly, what did you wear?
For those of you who don't know, I had the great honor of attending President Obama's Address to Congress last month to see him propose his "jobs" plan. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience. Like I've said before on here, I try to avoid talking about my political opinions on my blog, so I won't get into exactly what I thought about said "jobs" (cough*stimulus*cough) plan. However, the experience of seeing the President of the United States, regardless of political party, address Congress was absolutely surreal. After work, I headed over to the Capitol to find my seat. I wanted to get there early so I could people watch as everyone arrived. I found my seat and made friends with the young Secret Service agent and watched as members of Congress started to take their seats. I may have purposely flirted a little bit with the Secret Service agent so he would tell me where the First Lady would be seated and when she would be arriving. It worked! ;) My seat location was perfect. The best way I know how to describe it is -- from my seat, President Obama was at 11:00 and Mrs. Obama was at 2:00. I had a great view of both. I honestly can't even describe how amazing the experience was -- watching the members of Congress pick their seats, watching Mrs. Obama arrive, watching the Vice President lead the senators onto the floor, hearing those famous words: "Mr. Speaker, the President of the United States" -- I had chills and teared up watching the events unfold. (Yes, I'm admittedly a nerd) It was truly an event I will never forget. Here's what my ticket looked like: 
Some of you are probably more curious about what I wore. Lucky for you, I took a few pictures while I was trying to decide what to wear (I tried on about 10 different options) to send to my mom and a few friends to get their input. This is what made the final cut. 

2. How long are you staying in D.C.?
That is a very good question. When I started my new position in July I committed to staying in D.C. until the end of 2012, but beyond that I don't really know. I love D.C., but I ultimately want to move back to Tennessee, more specifically probably the Nashville area at some point in the future. It will all depend on several different factors -- where I am in my career and where my personal life is or is headed. I'm in no hurry to figure it out anytime soon. Right now I'm completely content with life and am not worried about planning for the future. I've learned things rarely turn out how we plan them.

3. Have you met anyone yet?
No. Not yet. I don't really want to go there right now, but let's just say Emily Giffin could write another best seller based on my life. (Yes, I'm leaving it at that, wonder away).

That's all the questions I'll answer for now. I'll leave you with a few pictures from the past two weekends in Tennessee. Time to curl up on the couch with some kleenex, cough medicine, and soup and get ready to cheer on the big orange. Y'all have a great weekend. GO VOLS!

A few 2000s Torchbearers before being recognized on the field at halftime of the LSU game.
Tailgating before the Georgia game.
With Steph and Cait before the LSU game.

No comments:

Post a Comment