Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Currently Crushing

A few things I've been crushing on lately....

1. The Bachelorette/Bachelor Pad
If you follow me on Twitter, you already know I was slightly obsessed with this season of the Bachelorette. Despite not being impressed with the original head shots of the contestants this season , I have to say I was pleasantly surprised as the season progressed. Most of the guys I ended up liking were guys I would have never picked as my type on night one. I've posted a few of my favorites below. Ben Flajnik (who I will meet and make fall in love with me one day - I mean come on, sure I've never been a huge fan of the long hair, but he pulls it off - plus he owns a winery in Cali AND has political aspirations - my dream guy, right?!), J.P. Rosenbaum (the winner who is now engaged in Ashley Herbert - mega cutie, but has a slight temper), Ryan Mickey McClean (he left on his own after he realized his relationship wasn't progressing with Ashley, what a nice move - he's also not bad to look at - he was named Cosmopolitan 2010 Bachelor of the Year). 
Bachelor Pad premiered last night. Let me tell you, I strongly believe I lost IQ points during the show. So much drama and ridiculousness. But as Bachelorette contestant West so perfectly put it....
"It's been a long summer. Heat waves have swept the country. Earthquakes and mudslides make near daily appearances in the news. Hell, just last week we somehow came within HOURS of defaulting on our national debt. I don't know exactly what that means, but I'm assuming we'd have to sell a state or two to China. (I vote Idaho!). Then you turn on the TV, and everywhere you look someones telling you a story that makes you want to cry. Whether they're falling in love (The Bachelorette), getting their heart broken (also the Bachelorette), or getting played by a diminutive Bradley Cooper wannabe (The Bach--you know what, forget it), the waterworks are in full effect. Did you know they have an Extreme Makeover show for weight loss now?? Inspirational tears are the WORST, because those are the ones that make you want to be a better person and do more with your life. So not only are you crying; now you have homework! Point is, I think we could all use a well-deserved break --a chance to sit back with a six pack of beer or a few glasses of wine and turn our brains off for a while. And since I'm pretty sure we're going to have to wait until at least next December of next year for the world to stop spinning, we'll just have to hope some benevolent tv station feels our pain and gives us the consequence-free popcorn fare we all so desperately need. Thank God for ABC." (Thank God for Bachelor Pad) 
2. Reese Witherspoon
This weekend, I watched an E! special on Reese Witherspoon. I mean, what is there not to LOVE about this woman?
She's from Tennessee (MAJOR bonus points)
She's an amazing mother
She's an amazing actress
She makes me want to be a better person every time I see her in an interview
AND sometimes people tell me she's my celebrity doppelganger (any double or look-alike of a person) - that definitely makes my list of Top 10 compliments. On top that, every movie she makes turns to gold. (And I continually get compared to her Legally Blonde 2 character, Elle Woods, since my move to D.C.)
She's just perfect, in every sense of the word.
3. GILT Groupe
I was introduced to GILT Groupe last week by one of my co-workers. Although I don't know too much about it yet, I already love it. I don't know exactly how to describe what it is, so you should go see for yourself....
It is basically a members only website with amazing deals and awesome fashion finds. And the best thing about it, there's no membership fee. Today I made my first purchase. This Hype top on the left is priced at $132 on Hype's website. I got in on GILT for $79. The Walter dress on the right was originally priced at $158 and I bagged it for $69. I hope y'all enjoy it as much as I do! Good deals, huh? Try it out. You have nothing to lose!
 Last... but certainly not least
4. TWILIGHT
Ok, so I was a late Twilight adopter. My twin sister was completely obsessed with Twlight (along with the rest of America) when the books were first released. Of course, I thought I was too cool for school and made fun of her for reading about vampires. Last summer I got sucked in. I read all four books in a five day span and quickly fell in love with Edward Cullen and everything Twilight. However, I don't think I quite understood someone being obsessed over Twilight until I came to D.C. and learned of two of my co-worker's obsession. (One of them has a life size cut out of Edward in her office, no joke - and I'm lucky enough to get to see it every single day) Now I'm sucked back in. So, what did I start doing when I got bored one evening last week? I downloaded Twilight on my Kindle. Since then, I've read Twilight and have purchased and watched all three movies on iTunes. Ridiculous, huh? I'm super excited for the release of the next movie later this year! I mean come on, how could you not be looking at these two fine young men below.
Well, that's all for now. Right now I'm just enjoying "recess" (although it honestly doesn't seem that much slower for me) and am getting excited about my trip home to Tennessee in two weeks. I hope you are all having a great week! Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. I love Reese too, I'm still wanting to see Water for Elephants. But I really could not get into the Twilight series. I gave the first book a good try, but it just didn't appeal to me, and I've still never seen any of the movies. Enjoy your recess...although as a teacher, that word brings a totally different picture to my mind, ha!

    ReplyDelete